My Experience Contacting Coinbase Support - Disclosing My Emails To Coinbase

After I got scammed over $50K when using Coinbase Wallet, I contacted Coinbase Support several times. Initially, I was telling them my situation and asked them if there was anything that could be done to take the money back.

After that, I tried to inform them of the vulnerability in Coinbase Wallet where money could be drained even when the recovery phrase was never compromised. I don't know how many others have pointed out that issue to them, but at least there was my attempt over a month ago that I will disclose in this post.

Below is our first communication thread between November 18 and 19. It started with filling out a form in the Coinbase Help Center. I did not capture the screenshot of the support form, but I did capture the text I submitted.

All the money, $58,734.78 (USDT), in my wallet got transferred out of my wallet without my permission through this transaction:

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x28fe570dc54f6432db9fd7b7fce68083c081f9eff69c8334a30c9077d22e775c

How secure is the Coinbase Wallet?

I never shared my Recovery Phrase with anyone else.

I visited this dApp address: u2e-free.com. Is there anyway a dApp can take all my money without my permission?

My brother-in-law is in the same situation.

Is there anyway we can take back the money?

Please help!

Thank you,
*********


Below is another communication attempt that I tried.

... The rest of the email is the draft of my first post to this blog.


One important thing that I am noticing when reviewing what I sent to them is the screenshot of my wallet in the email. Back then, my intention was just to show the version that was in used. Now, I am seeing that the screenshot also shows that there are 0 Connections in WalletLink, even after my wallet had executed code that hooked in an Approved Spender token that allows someone else to spend unlimited USDT from my wallet.

Comments

  1. I wouldn't call this a Phish scam exactly. Regardless, please join us at https://www.reddit.com/r/eth_liquidity_scam/ as we are working on how to resolve this issue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inside The Scammer's DApp

DApp Phishing in Coinbase Wallet - I Lost Over $50,000